As the weather turns colder, it can be tempting to grab a couple of biscuits to go with your afternoon coffee. But it’s not easy to make biscuits fit into your healthy fat-loss or muscle-gain diet! The solution is to bake up healthy low-carb treats which taste amazing.
These muffins use almond flour instead of regular flour, which slashes the carb content and totally erases any chance of gluten. You can make almond flour yourself by blending crushed almonds. They’re quite high in fat but super-low in carbs. If that ratio fits your macros, go ahead and enjoy!
These muffins take less than 30 minutes to make and taste rich, moist, and satisfying. They’ll definitely take care of any hunger pangs between meals.
Bake a batch this weekend and enjoy them throughout the week (they’re perfect for lunchboxes!).
- 200g almond flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 100g butter
- 10g powdered Stevia
- 80ml water, skimmed milk, or milk substitute
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Dried fruit like raisins or peel
- Dried cherries
- Dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients by hand or in a blender.
4. Fold the dry and wet mixes together.
5. Grease a muffin pan or use silicone muffin cases.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the cases.
7. Bake for 20–25 minutes (check that the muffins are cooked through by pushing the tip of a knife in – if it comes out clean, they’re done).
8. Let them cool in the tin/cases, then transfer to a rack until completely cool.
4 Delicious and Effective High Protein Recipes >>